Pesquisa

ENI - ajuda para estrangeiros

• 4 Respostas
  • 7272 Visualizações
ENI - ajuda para estrangeiros
« em: Março 19, 2015, 10:11:45 am »
Bom dia,

Please excuse me writing in English.

I am moving to Portugal in a few weeks and will start a business as an independent worker (ENI) in the simplified regime performing work in the category of profissões liberais, técnicos e assimilados. I will register for IVA and file my IVA returns quarterly. I will have clients both in Portugal and in the United Kingdom.

I hope this is the right place to ask the following questions:

1) Can anyone recommend software for invoicing that allows me to issue invoices to clients abroad in GBP as well as to clients in Europe in EUR? I have tried InvoiceXpress, Moloni, weoInvoice and FacturaVirtual but they all require that I express invoices either in one currency or another (InvoiceXpress lets me convert to GBP but my item amounts have to be specified in EUR which is not acceptable for the client).

2) When I submit my IRS returns to Finanças, how does the exchange rate conversion work from foreign currencies to EUR? Is there a specific rate to use each month or at the time of submitting the return?

Please feel free to answer in Portuguese and I will translate.

muito obrigado,
C.

Offline AndreiaM

Re: ENI - ajuda para estrangeiros
« Responder #1 em: Março 19, 2015, 10:08:09 pm »
1) Centralgest

2) The applicable exchange rate is the one in effect at the date in which the income was paid or made available to the individual in Portugal or, if such rate isn't known, the effective exchange rate of December 31st of the year that the income was registered (in accordance with article 23rd of the Código do Imposto sobre o Rendimento de Pessoas Singulares).

I hope I have clarified your doubts. Feel free to send us anymore questions that you might have.

« Responder #2 em: Março 20, 2015, 07:47:48 am »
mangovsky,

Thank you very much! This is very helpful.

I have one further question - this time more complicated.

I will begin activity as ENI in April 2015. According to Lei nº 82-E/2014 de 31-12-2014, in the first and second year of trading, the coefficients b), c), and d) described in paragraph 1) are reduced by 50% and 25% respectively.

Artigo 31.º - Regime simplificado

1 - No âmbito do regime simplificado, a determinação do rendimento tributável obtém-se através da aplicação dos seguintes coeficientes:

a) 0,15 às vendas de mercadorias e produtos, bem como às prestações de serviços efetuadas no âmbito de atividades hoteleiras e similares, restauração e bebidas;
              b) 0,75 aos rendimentos das atividades profissionais especificament e previstas na tabela a que se refere o artigo 151.º;
              c) 0,35 aos rendimentos de prestações de serviços não previstos nas alíneas anteriores;
              d) 0,95 aos rendimentos provenientes de contratos que tenham por objeto a cessão ou utilização temporária da propriedade intelectual ou industrial ou a prestação de informações respeitantes a uma experiência adquirida no setor industrial, comercial ou científico, aos rendimentos de capitais imputáveis a atividades geradoras de rendimentos empresariais e profissionais, ao resultado positivo de rendimentos prediais, ao saldo positivo das mais e menos-valias e aos restantes incrementos patrimoniais;

http://bdjur.almedina.net/item.php?field=item_id&value=1935409

10 - Os coeficientes previstos nas alíneas b), c) e f) do n.º 1 são reduzidos em 50 % e 25 % no período de tributação do início da atividade e no período de tributação seguinte, respetivamente, desde que, nesses períodos, o sujeito passivo não aufira rendimentos das categorias A ou H.

Now my question;

In the UK, the tax year is from April 6th - April 5th. In Portugal it is from Jan 1st to December 31st. From Jan 1st to April 1st 2015 I was working in the UK in employment (equivalent to Category A) for the 2014-2015 tax year. However, does this mean that in Portugal, when I initiate activity in the 2015 tax year, that I will not benefit from the reduced coefficients because of the income I received in the UK for January to March?

Offline AndreiaM

« Responder #3 em: Março 21, 2015, 12:50:48 am »
Will you be registering yourself, in Portugal, as a non-regular resident?

If that’s the case, I believe you can benefit from the coefficients reduction you’ve indicated, because the exemption method, following the rules shown in this link, will be applied to the income obtained in the UK.
However, I suggest you go to one of our Autoridade Tributária agencies and verify this situation.

I hope this was helpfull.

« Responder #4 em: Março 25, 2015, 02:18:52 pm »
yes, it was my intention to register as a non-regular resident.

This has been very helpful. Thanks once again, Mangovsky.